Welcome to the Osage Nation online dictionary! This dictionary is only in its initial stages, and is far from complete, so please be patient as we continue to add more terms, add more information to existing terms, add new features, adjust layout, etc.
If you notice any issues with the dictionary or have any comments or suggestions, feel free to email us or give us a call at 918-287-5505.
- The bulk of the information is on the Osage to English page. That is where any notes, example sentences, literal translations, etc., will be.
- Notes, example sentences, etc., do not exist for each entry, however this content may be added at a later date.
- Using the find in page shortcut in your browser can be helpful. This can help you find more information on what you are looking for than simply going in alphabetical order. To use the find in page, press CTRL + F (CMD + F on MacOS). More guidance on this here.
- Some entries have a, the, or to in front of the terms. While this can cause an issue with how they are placed in alphabetical order, if they are there, they were left as part of the definition for clarity.
- Kinship terms can be difficult to visualize with the definitions given here. There are plans to make this easier for learners in the future.
- This dictionary uses terminology you may not be familiar with. You can use our Terminology Guide to familiarize yourself.
- For pronunciation guidance, see our Sound Guide page.